Rev. Piotr Letocha
1923 - 1928
Birth: November 19, 1874 in Radzionko, Gorny Slask, Poland
Death: November 12, 1928 in Niagara Falls, NY
Rev. Piotr Letocha was born to Szymon and Katarzyna Korpak Letocha in the small village of Radzionkow in Gorny Slask. Before attending the university and seminary in Rome, Italy, Piotr received his preliminary education in schools around Gliwice. After his education in Rome, he was accepted for further studies at St. Bernard Seminary in Rochester, New York. Bishop McQuaid of the Rochester Diocese ordained him a priest of the Diocese of Buffalo in 1899.
Father Letocha was first assigned to St. Stanislaus Church in Buffalo, New York. He was then named pastor of the newly formed Our Lady of Czestochowa parish in North Tonawanda, New York a position he held until 1911. While there, he built the parish's first wooden church. His second pastorate at St. Hedwig parish in Dunkirk, New York lasted twelve years. While there, he was successful in acquiring a parcel of land for use as a parish cemetery in 1913.
In 1923, Rev. Letocha was appointed to Holy Trinity in Niagara Falls. He died while pastor there at the age of 54.